Monday, February 18, 2013

Find and Keep


You would think that if you found something you were so passionate about, you would never lose interest in it. I mean, if you love it, why would you, right?!?  It's funny how life can sometimes get in the way...or maybe how life seems to always get in the way.  That is why I love this quote. No one could have put it better than Julia.

Finding seems to have always come easily to me.  It's the keeping part that I am working on. Here's are 3 simple ways we can be sure that we are keeping tremendously interested in the things we love to do:

1. Make time for it.  Make an appointment for it, even if it can only be for an hour once a week.  I've had to do this with painting.  Sometimes I do 15 minutes over 4 days, or one hour one day... whichever it ends up being, if I don't make time for it, it just doesn't happen.

2. Stay inspired. The more inspired I am, the more passionate I get. Love that cycle.  If I don't have time to  paint, craft, cook, blog... I at least write down what has inspired me so that I can pull it out and go to work when I get the chance.

3. Share it.  Don't be afraid of what other people think...share it anyway! You may end up inspiring someone else.  Besides, what you are passionate about should have absolutely no bearing on what other people think, right?!?

 Happy Monday!
Linking up here 

3 comments:

  1. 100% agree with you! Without passion and inspiration our lives would be gray and boring! I love painting and illustrating as well
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with you on this one! :-) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these 3 things. I like making an appointment for it. I find that to be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...