Thursday, February 28, 2013

February's Favorite Things

February was such a great month for me!  Here were some of the highlights.....

1. We're going to Europe!
After months of talking, saving, and planning...it's finally official! The tickets have been bought and Wesley and I are going to Europe for two weeks in August!!!!!!!!!!! We're spending a week in London with my family and then Wes and I will be off to enjoy Belgium and France on our own!

2. Putting hardwoods in the living room. 
I love having a carpet free first floor.  Even though we've only been in our house for 2 years, we had already worn out the carpet downstairs.  The rain and Penny's muddy paws didn't help much either.  

3. This picture of my niece
Maddi turned 1 this Sunday.  Her face is pure birthday joy.  It was all covered in cake not long after this....
Nom nom!

4. Arrow Necklace
I love how simple this necklace is. It has a shorter chain too, so it don't sit awkwardly hovering over your neckline. Wesley was so sweet and surprised me with it for my birthday.  Definite brownie points.

5. My Birthday!
After a half crazy/half crappy year, I had a great day to kick off year 25!  My parent's took me to Ilios Noche which has the best greek food in Charlotte... my coworkers surprised me with some of my favorite snacks... my sister Kelsey made me these delicious carrot cake cookies... Ashley surprised me with a drop in at work, Katie showered the house with the sweetest birthday post-it notes... I had an amazing dinner with some family and friends at Firebirds... and Wesley seemed to pull out all of the present stops this year.  Oh, and did I mention the chocolate cake?  Probably one of the best birthday's I've ever had!

6. This video
Confession....I love Taylor Swift, especially her newest single. A few days ago, the PA in our office walked into the nurses station and asked if anyone liked Taylor Swift.  I reluctantly admitted yes and she said "go to you tube and search 'Taylor Swift goat.'....and, you're welcome" and then walked off.
Hilarious!....and, you're welcome!

I hope you all had an amazing month!!
Linking up with Ashley

9 comments:

  1. That goat video really is hilarious!

    Loving that arrow necklace!!

    So SO glad you had a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the link up. It sounds like you had a great month! I'm jealous that you're going to Europe. I'd love to do that one day. My 25th birthday was in February too! Happy belated birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floors look AMAZING! We are in the process of finishing our basement, so I dream of the day when my floors are done ;) Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday month. Happy last day of February - hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floors look great! I love your decor! I have hard wood on my main floors also and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your living room. the floors look so nice! coming over from dancing with ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The goat videos - the best!!! Hahahaha. Also EUROPE - ahhh!! So exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHH...love the goat video. Just showed this to my three teen daughters! So funny!
    Have fun in Europe...so jealous.

    Ashley Rane Sparks
    www.makeitrane.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! I love Europe! I hope you have a lot of fun travelling around in August!

    - Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristen! I found you on the link-up! Your new floors are gorgeous, and that's so cool that you get to visit Europe! I'd love to go someday. :) While I'm here, I'd like to nominate you for the Liebster Award. Check out my post for more info. if you would like to participate. http://eatnapplay.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...