Wesley and I are always looking for great date ideas to do. Here are 10 "holiday themed" dates we are thinking about trying out this December in the greater Raleigh area. The first two listed are coming up this week!!
1. The Holiday Sleigh Ride in Historic Downtown Fuquay Varina - Who doesn't love a free sleigh ride?!? If you choose to do this, get there early and be prepared to wait.
2. Apex Christmas Nativity Celebration - This is a great tradition our church does that we started doing last year. I love hearing all of the Christmas music while seeing the hundreds of beautiful nativities!
3. Starry Nights at Morehead Planetarium at Chapel Hill - Even though this is only offered on a Wednesday it sounds like fun!
4. Holiday Show at the Progress Energy Center for the Preforming Arts - Take your pick of the many great shows going on in December! Reserve your tickets ASAP to get good seats.
5. Light Show in Historic Downtown Wendell - I really want to do this this year!
6. Christmas Movie Night - We love Movie Night dates. I think we are going with Elf this year, although I love The Holiday and The Santa Clause (classic!!).
7. Christmas Photo-shoot - Grab a family member or friend and do a fun photo-shoot, just the two of you.
8. Christmas Tree Choosing Date - I'll admit, we did this at the end of November. I love picking out our tree and trimming it up together!!
9. Christmas Baking and Door Drop! - Spread some Christmas cheer, bake something together and drop some off at your neighbor's or friends. If you decide to ring the bell and run, make sure you leave a note with the goods so they know where they came from.
10. Weekend Getaways - We are planning on doing this at the end of December. Instead of getting each other gifts for Christmas, we plan a getaway for the two of us. Last year we went to Charleston for New Years. This year we considered Colonial Willimasburg, but chose to see Biltmore's Candlelight Christmas instead. I don't think we will be disappointed!
Linking up with Just A Small Town Girl