Thursday, December 13, 2012

Brown Eyed Susans {remix}


 Ever had one of these cookies before?

They were no stranger in my house growing up.  They are shortbread cookies with chocolate frosting and pecans.  My mom made them recently for a cookie walk (like literally 12 dozen of them), which gave me the idea to make some for one of our holiday parties.  However, this year we changed them up a bit and they turned out like this:


Beautiful right?
Now try it for yourself!



And here is the variation mom and I did this year:


Instead of putting a small amount of frosting in the center of each cookie, scoop some up with a spoon and put some of those finely ground pecans (or toffee pieces {pictured above}) on a plate and run the frosted section over it.

Seriously....delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of this cookie, BUT anything you make is 100% delicious...I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...