Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oreos & Milk

Last night, Wesley got home well past 8 o'clock.  I can only think of two other times that he has been kept at work that late.  A sneaking suspicion tells me, that this will be the first of many this summer.  In hopes of finishing school in December, he is taking 3 classes this summer...which means he is having to take a 2 hour lunch break to go to class every day. And, of course, he makes up those hours by arriving early and leaving late.  I know, best boss in the world to let him do this, right?!?

I've been thinking about life lessons a lot lately, and of all the ones we learned last fall (during the self-inflicted  6 month long night shift job disaster), the knowledge and ability we earned to support each other when life gets challenging {and exhausting} was the most important.  Wesley learned that I need one-on-one time together, long hugs, and the occasional bag of dark chocolate.  On the other hand, I learned that he loves a little alone time to re-charge, watching a good movie at least once a week, and a late night snack of Oreos and milk.  In a wide glass of course, so he can dunk them to his heart's content.

With that being said, it was no surprise that when he got home, looking so tired and having a mountain of probability problems to do, all I could think of was going to the store and picking up some Oreos.
So, I did.

One of my favorite parts of being married is that as we grow, we grow together.  You could say that we grow into the person the other person needs.  I fell so lucky to have married my best friend.. .and I can't imagine spending forever with anyone else.

Linking up with Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...