Thursday, September 26, 2013

Currently {Fall Edition}

 Basilica de Boulogne Sur Mer, Boulogne Sur Mer, France

Yes, I took a month long impromptu hiatus from blogging. With all of the things we needed to take care of to get back into the swing of real life, I really needed it.  What is the best post to start back with?!? What we are currently up to, of course!

Currently...

....... I'm already itching for our next trip.  I know, we've only been back from our adventure abroad for a month....but what can I say?  I am a confessed travel junkie and I'm not afraid to admit it!  I had a dream about being back in London a few nights ago.  I was pretty sad when I woke up ;) We are headed to the sunny beaches of the Florida panhandle for Thanksgiving, but I'm hoping we can squeeze in a trip to the mountains sometime before then.  I love the mountains in Carolina in the fall.  The weather is perfect and crisp and you just can't beat those gorgeous mountain views.

........Wesley agreed to season tickets to the Carolina Ballet in the spring!! If you know Wesley, a yes to that is a pretty big feat.  Merry Christmas to me!

........I'm about to start reading Wolf Hall.  I read The Heretic's Wife on our trip.  It is a really good historical fiction novel that takes place at the time of Henry VIII and was so neat to see all of the places that are in the book while I was reading it.  After visiting Hampton Court, I'm not ready to let that time period get away from me yet, so I've got high expectations for Wolf Hall.  Oh and Reign which is airing on the CW in October! It follows Mary Queen of Scots, which was also during Henry VIII time period.  Can't wait!!

.......my favorite snack is pumpkin... anything.  It is my favorite flavor of fall!

.......speaking of fall...our shows are back!! I know, kinda pathetic, but I won't deny I've been itching for new episodes of Once Upon A Time, Parks & Rec, and Grey's.

......and I'm so ready to pull my riding boots out of the closet!! Fall really is the best.

......Penny is now refusing to eat the food in her bowl.  How does she eat it you ask?  By having it dumped onto the deck.  She can down it in 2 minutes flat.  My little furry weirdo....

.....I'm in the process of framing and hanging the oodles and oodles of art we got on our trip!

.....As you probably know, I am obsessed with Pioneer Woman.  If I need a recipe for anything, I always check her blog first.  Today, I watched her make French Silk Pie.  I officially have a new love in my life.  And the best part...Wesley hates pie. More for me!  Get ready French Silk Pie.  Get ready.

.....We have a great weekend ahead of us!  A few of our festivities include meeting my parents and grandparents in Greensboro for lunch, hosting some dear friends for dinner, heading to the outlets for some fall shopping, and I'm enjoying the evening with the women's session of General Conference (and ice cream...yes!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...