Monday, October 7, 2013

A Few Thoughts on General Conference


“I know not by what method rare

But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that he has given his Word
Which tells me prayer is always heard
And will be answered soon or late
And so I pray and calmly wait.



I know not if the blessing sought 
Will come in just the way I thought
But leave my prayers with him alone
Whose will is wiser than my own
Assured that he will grant my quest
Or send some answer far more blessed.” 
― Eliza M. Hickok,   Prayer

General Conference was incredible this fall! This was one of my favorite things President Monson shared during the Relief Society Broadcast last Saturday. I also loved the questions that were raised throughout Conference like What are your priorities? and Do you really know how much your Father in Heaven loves and knows you? And, when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir did their rendition of O Divine Redeemer!! 

I love how all of these inspired messages remind me what is truly important in life, like my family, faith, and knowledge of my divine nature and heritage.  The world doesn't seem so big (or so small) when we can re-focus our priorities to what matters most.

Did you know that all of the sessions are already up?!?  I can't remember them ever being up this fast!

I hope you had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...