Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Kate Stone

I fell in love with another artist while we were in Charleston.  Kate Stone blew me away with her figures and still life. Here are two of my favorites:

Of course, I had to look her up as soon as I got home.  I fell in love with her even more when I found this amazing interview of her and her husband.  They are both artists (dream life, right?!?) her definition of art blew me away:

"Anything can be art these days, but personally I feel that good art should succeed in at least two of the following: it affects the viewer, either with positive emotions or unsettling ones; it inspires respect for its technical execution; it is beautiful, either in a conventional or sublime way; or it resonates with the time period and culture that produced it."


Could not have said it better myself!  You can check out the full interview {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...